Description: The Wire Mapper Pro Catalog 2127.82 is a hand-held structured cable mapping and troubleshooting tester designed for use on UTP, STP, FTPand SSTP cabling equipped with RJ-45 connectors and wired to either TIA568A/B (ISO11801 and EN 50137), USOC or ISDN specifications. It detects open circuit pairs, shorts, crossed wires, crossed pairs, reversed pairs, split pairs and shield faults.
In the event of opens and shorts, the Catalog 2127.82 uses TDR technology to indicate if the fault is at the near end or the remote end of the cable, or if it is somewhere in between, including the distance to the fault. The Catalog 2127.82 has the ability to measure and indicate the length of the cable under test, using a Vp (Velocity of Propagation) set by the user, from a built-in library or manually. It will measure and report the length of all four pairs of wires in the cable under test and generate an audible tone that is transmitted into all four pairs on the cable under test. This can be used for cable tracing and identification in conjunction with a tone receiver.
The Catalog 2127.82 also has the ability to identify telephone and data lines. If the main unit is plugged into an operational RJ-45 socket, it will give a continuous warning tone and display if a telephone voltage is present on any of the pins. If the Service Detect key is pressed, it will check and display telephone, 10BaseT, 100Mbit+ and token ring active service.
- Indicates all common wiring faults including split pairs, shorts, opens, reversed pairs and crossed wires
- Unique graphical and digital display of fault information and length
- Indicates distances to opens and shorts and identifies locations
- Built-in tone generator for tracing and locating cables
- Built-in service check function to detect telephone, 10BaseT, 100Mbit+ and token ring
- Visual and audible warning of live telephone network voltages
- Works with all Category 6 cables
- Large high-visibility blue electrolumiscent backlit display
- Active remote identifiers indicate Pass/Fail at remote end
- Up to 16 unique remote identifiers available
- Works with TIA 568A/B, USOC and ISDN wiring schemes
- CE Mark
- Identify LAN wiring faults
- Find distances (feet or meters) to opens and shorts
- Test patch cords
- Test for active service
- Trace cable locations
- Measure cable length
- Map network layout